Documents Needed

Lenders requirements will vary Lender to Lender, however here is a list of items that you may need:

Personal identification

You’ll need at least two current forms of ID:

  • Driver’s licence
  • Passport
  • Photo ID (such as a Proof of Age Card, Australian tertiary institution card, Department of Defence, Waterways/Boat Licence).

Don’t have any of the above? That’s okay, simply provide two of the following original documents:

  • Birth certificate
  • Citizenship certificate
  • Centrelink Pension Card
  • Medicare card
  • Utilities bill (less than three months old)
  • Rates notice (less than three months old)
  • Tax assessment notice (less than 12 months old).

Information about your income

To confirm your income, please provide us with either:

  • Your most recent payslip confirming at least 3 months Year To Date (YTD) income; or
  • Evidence of your salary credited to your account for the past 3 months.

If you don’t have one of the above, or if your most recent payslip doesn’t include YTD income, simply provide it with one of the following to confirm you’ve been employed for 3 months:

  • Another payslip dated 3 months prior to your most recent payslip
  • Tax return (not older than 18 months) and an ATO Notice of assessment
  • A letter from your employer to confirm previous employment.

Self employed 

If you’re self employed you’ll need:

  • Your individual tax return and ATO Notice of Assessment no older than 18 months
  • Business Tax Return, Profit and Loss Statement, and Balance Sheet no older than 18 months.

Rental income

If you also have rental income, please provide one of the following:

  • A formal signed lease (either current or new)
  • Most recent rental statement
  • Tax return no older than 18 months.

Other income

These could be from interest and dividends, superannuation/pension/annuity, foreign income or government income sources.

Listing your other assets and liabilities will help us determine your capacity to repay the loan.

Your assets

  • Bank account details for proof of your savings
  • A list of any other assets you have (e.g. current term deposit account, share investment statement, superannuation statements, property or motor vehicle assets)

Your liabilities 

Details of any existing loans (such as home loans, car loans or personal loans) and credit/store cards.

It would also help if you could provide us with an indication of your everyday living expenses, such as groceries, petrol bills or utilities.


If you want to refinance your home loan:

  • Home loan statements for the last 3 months
  • A current payout quote for any loans you plan to refinance, including all current fees and charges and any early repayment costs or exit fees.

Details about your property purchase or construction

You’ll need to provide us with some information about the property you’re buying or building.

If you’re buying:
  • Signed Contract of Sale
  • Proof of Property Insurance
If you’re building:
  • Council approved building plans, specifications or Building Permit
  • Fixed Price Builders Contract

We will provide a complete list to you of the required documents once a lender and loan product have been selected.